(via Conservapedia) Mitt Romney Willard Mitt Romney, most popularly known as Mitt Romney, (born March 12, 1947) is the former governor of Massachusetts, and a successful U.S. businessman, and the Republican nominee for the Presidential Election 2012. Romney is favored by most voters on economic issues. According to CNN, Romney won by a margin of … Continue reading “Romney is winning over the crazies”
(via Conservapedia) Mitt Romney Willard Mitt Romney (born March 12, 1947) is a RINO, former governor of Massachusetts and a successful U.S. businessman, currently the presumptive presumptive Republican nominee for the Presidential Election 2012. He was first runner-up for the nomination in 2008. If elected, Romney would become the first Mormon president. His father George … Continue reading “Romney Hasn’t Won Over The Crazies”
(via Fundies Say the Darndest Things!) …inventors and doctors and engineers don’t typically even bother learning relativity. Should I repeat that? Complain to engineering departments and medical schools if you think that should change. Nothing useful has even been designed or built using relativity. If you want to look and look and look for a … Continue reading “More Stupidity”
If you ever want to relive the thrill of reading the stupidest thing you’ve ever read, just poke around Conservapedia for a few minutes.
(via Fundies Say the Darndest Things!) If you find the math in relativity fun, great, but relativity is not going to help anyone. It never has. Pick up a Bible in between some equations. Andy Schlafly, Conservapedia Andy Schlafly must not be aware that the Global Positioning System needs to correct for errors introduced by relativistic … Continue reading “Stupidity from Conservapedia”
(from the this is for real and not from the Onion dept.)
Liberal bias has become the single biggest distortion in modern Bible translations. There are three sources of errors in conveying biblical meaning:
- lack of precision in the original language, such as terms underdeveloped to convey new concepts of Christianity
- lack of precision in modern language
- translation bias in converting the original language to the modern one.
Of these three sources of errors, the last introduces the largest error, and the biggest component of that error is liberal bias. Large reductions in this error can be attained simply by retranslating the KJV into modern English.
- Framework against Liberal Bias: providing a strong framework that enables a thought-for-thought translation without corruption by liberal bias
- Not Emasculated: avoiding unisex, “gender inclusive” language, and other modern emasculation of Christianity
- Not Dumbed Down: not dumbing down the reading level, or diluting the intellectual force and logic of Christianity; the NIV is written at only the 7th grade level
- Utilize Powerful Conservative Terms: using powerful new conservative terms as they develop; defective translations use the word “comrade” three times as often as “volunteer”; similarly, updating words which have a change in meaning, such as “word”, “peace”, and “miracle”.
- Combat Harmful Addiction: combating addiction by using modern terms for it, such as “gamble” rather than “cast lots”; using modern political terms, such as “register” rather than “enroll” for the census
- Accept the Logic of Hell: applying logic with its full force and effect, as in not denying or downplaying the very real existence of Hell or the Devil.
- Express Free Market Parables; explaining the numerous economic parables with their full free-market meaning
- Exclude Later-Inserted Liberal Passages: excluding the later-inserted liberal passages that are not authentic, such as the adulteress story
- Credit Open-Mindedness of Disciples: crediting open-mindedness, often found in youngsters like the eyewitnesses Mark and John, the authors of two of the Gospels
- Prefer Conciseness over Liberal Wordiness: preferring conciseness to the liberal style of high word-to-substance ratio; avoid compound negatives and unnecessary ambiguities; prefer concise, consistent use of the word “Lord” rather than “Jehovah” or “Yahweh” or “Lord God.”
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
— William Shakespeare (The Merchant of Venice)
(via email) From “The Trustworthy Stupid Encyclopedia, Conservapedia: President-elect Obama will likely become the first Muslim President, and may use the Koran to be sworn into office at his inauguration on January 20, 2009. Beavis & Butt-Head’s Ensucklopedia is a more reliable source of information…
(via Eschaton) Conservapedia statistics (as of November 21, 2007) Most viewed pages Main Page [1,902,080] Homosexuality [1,537,191] Homosexuality and Hepatitis [516,570] Homosexuality and Promiscuity [419,956] Homosexuality and Parasites [387,844] Homosexuality and Domestic Violence [348,775] Gay Bowel Syndrome [340,287] Homosexuality and Gonorrhea [330,926] Homosexuality and Mental Health [274,393] Homosexuality and Syphilis [264,870] (more…)