“‘Cause, see, I love science fiction, but I’m an aficionado, not a contributor, and I say this, you know, with no stupid, dumb, dumb humility at all. I’m am purely a Johnny-come-lately. I am perhaps the least scientifically knowledgeable man in the whole writing group, and I bow with great deference and respect to the real masters, you know, Asimov and Bob Heinlein and Sturgeon and all the rest of them. And these, of course, and yourself included, because you write pure science fiction. I can adapt science fiction I think quite adequately, but I can’t create it on an original level.”
- Wash and rinse your chicken in cold running water.
- Soak 1/4 cup of sweet rice for 1 hour.
- Stuff the chicken with the sweet rice, a ginseng root, a few jujubes, and 3-4 cloves of garlic. Place it in a pot.
- Pour water into the pot and boil it over high heat for 20 minutes. When it starts boiling, skim off any foam and fat that rises to the surface Then pour in more water and boil it over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- When it cooks properly, the chicken will be easily pulled apart by chopsticks.
- Serve it with salt and pepper and kimchi or kaktugi.
Peter Gabriel’s “Solsbury Hill” (live):(more…)
(from the “Been there, done that” dept.)
Anthony Bourdain: Fish Head Curry in Kerala, India:(more…)
The Bastard Fairies: “We’re All Going to Hell” (WARNING! Lyrics not safe for work):(more…)
Ji Hye Jung playing Keiko Abe’s “Variations on Japanese Children’s Songs”:(more…)
Kate Bush’s “Love and Anger”:(more…)