From the SKEPTIC mailing list:
First, the Christian:
- How do you know your god exists?
- The Bible says so.
- How do you know the Bible tells the truth?
- I have faith.
- What if the Bible is wrong and your god doesn’t exist?
- That’s impossible.
Now the physicist:
- How do you know charge comes in discrete packets?
- When you do this thing with an oil drop and an electric field, it shows
the discrete nature of charge.
- How do you know that?
- Here’s the protocol. Try it out yourself if you wish.
- What if the experiment is wrong, and charge is continuous?
- That would be a great discovery.