For those who care, this fire caused this site to be offline for most of yesterday (2004-09-20).
Burned campaign signs and apparent pro-President Bush messages scrawled in a tarry black substance greeted volunteers Thursday morning at Lafayette’s presidential campaign headquarters for U.S. Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.
Lafayette city police are investigating the apparent vandalism, which did not damage the Buchanan Street building other than scorch marks on the pavement in front of the building, but also involved the theft of campaign signs outside the building.
Of course this is nothing new. I remember during the 1984 election,
Hitler Youth College Republicans would often brag about tearing down Mondale signs on campus and the surrounding neighborhood.
(via The Laporte Report)
Just One Question…
Too bad I didn’t know these when I was single…
Geek Pick-up Lines
- Tell me of this thing you humans call… [dramatic pause here] love.
- If you turn me down now, I will become more drunk than you can possibly imagine.
- They don’t call me Bones because I’m a doctor.
- Your name is Leslie? Look, I can spell your name on my calculator!
- What’s a nice girl like you doing in a wretched hive of scum and villany like this?
- You must be Windows 95 because you gots me so unstable.
- My ‘up-time’ is better than BSD.
- I can tell by your emoticons that you’re looking for some company.
- Is that an iPod mini in your pocket or are you just happy to see me.
- Want to see my Red Hat?
- If you won’t let me buy you a drink, at least let me fix your laptop.
This post has been moved.